Who are we?
We are Teletrac Navman Automotive (UK) Ltd of K1, Kents Hill Business Park, Milton Keynes, MK7 6BZ ; email@example.com, (“Teletrac Navman”).
We provide Location based telematics technology and services for managing mobile assets to customers.
We use your information as further explained in this Privacy Notice. We will be the ‘controller’ or ‘processor’ of the information you provide us depending on the circumstances.
Our website links to other websites, which will have their own privacy notices and terms.
What does this Privacy Notice cover?
We at Teletrac Navman take your personal data seriously and we are committed to processing your data responsibly and being transparent about how your data is used. To provide our products and services we need to hold personal information about you and in this notice we will:
- Set out the types of personal data that we collect about you;
- Explain how and why we collect and use your personal data;
- Explain how long we keep your personal data for;
- Explain when, why and with who we will share your personal data;
- Set out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
- Explain the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
- Explain where we store your personal data and whether we transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area;
- Explain the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
- Explain how you can contact us.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We will collect certain personal information about you in the course of your relationship with us.
This information may include:
- Your name
- Home or business address
- Your contact details
- Your vehicle details
- Information captured by CCTV on our premises
- Telephone system call recordings
- Security information (ie, mother maiden name, date of birth)
- Unique ID of mobile phone (in case of mobile phone app)
- Payment details (CC details not stored)
If you visit our website we may collect addition personal information via cookies or similar technology, including but not limited to:
- Your IP Address
- Your cookie ID
- Your web browser
- Your Operating system
- Your location
- The web pages you visit on our website
Through our products, should we collect sensitive personal data about you,) we only collect this personal data from you, and further process this data, where you have given your explicit consent.
Where do we collect personal data about you from?
We may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide to us via our websites or any other landing pages on the internet, and/or via the completion of documents in which you provide us with your details;
- If you contact us whether by email, telephone, facsimile or post;
- In person, for instance at an arranged meeting or event;
- Voluntary surveys conducted for research purposes;
- From an agent/third party acting on your behalf, for example a third party call centre or one of our recruitment agencies
- Through publicly available sources. We use the following public sources:
- Using CCTV cameras. We have cameras on our premises and your image and movements will be recorded while you are on our sites or premises;
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website; and
- Through the acquisition of databases with your personal contact information, for which you have given consent to a third party to pass your personal contact information onto us.
- AI (Artificial Intelligence – Automated alarm handling).
How and why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you to discuss the services or products you receive from us (and any changes to them);
- To respond to sales enquires and provide information relating to our products and services;
- To contact you to offer additional services or products within our product portfolio;
- To share industry updates, newsletters or research materials relevant to fleet management professionals;
- To contact you to invite you to events we are hosting or attending;
- To respond to any questions or concerns you have raised;
- To deal with administrative matters such as invoicing and renewal;
- To otherwise carry out our obligations arising under our contract with your and to enforce the same;
- To contact you to ask you if you wish to take part in market research
- To help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they are relevant to your needs;
- To carry out anti-money laundering checks;
- To verify your identity;
- For security reasons, CCTV cameras will record your image and movements while you are on our sites or premises;
- To help us improve your user experience on our website, through website behavioural analytics tools; and
- To use your pseudonymised details to show you advertising on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you use.
We will not use your information for any other purposes unless we are required to do so by law.
How long do we keep your personal data?
How long we keep your information will depend on the purpose for which we use it.
We only keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We have internal rules that set out how long we retain information and the period of time varies depending on the type of relationship we have with you:
In summary, however, we will keep your information for the following periods:
- We will keep your personal data for as long as you remain a customer of Teletrac Navman so we may send you service communications and update you on additional services that we believe may be appropriate to your needs.
- We will hold your data for a period of up to six months while we respond to solicited sales enquiries.
- We will hold your data for as a long as we are in a period of sales negotiation so that we can continue to communicate with you about products and services that are relevant to your interests.
- We will continue to hold your personal data during a period of sales negotiation for up to 36 months or longer if you remain engaged with our communications.
- Video footage captured by CCTV on our premises with be held for approximately 4 weeks.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data may be shared for the purpose of performing functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us such as:
- Professional advisors;
- Supply chain management
- IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems;
- Research and mailing houses
- Financial institutions and bureaus;
- Third party technology solution providers such as advertising providers (e.g. Facebook or Google)
- Collection agencies
- Function co-ordinators.
We share your personal information with our other Fortive Group companies for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or merges with us your personal information will be disclosed to such entity.
If any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible they will be sold or transferred to third parties.
Where required we share your personal information with third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to the our website, our business or the public.
These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality.
No other third parties have access to your information unless we specifically say so in this Privacy Notice, or the law requires this.
What legal basis do we have for using your personal data?
We process your information:
- To be able to provide you with our products and services [in line with our Terms & Conditions] via the Teletrac Navman Automotive website;
- As this is necessary for the performance of the contract with you and to comply with our legal contractual obligations for purpose of supplying Telematics and vehicle tracking solutions or to take steps at your request prior to entering into this contract;
- As this is necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interests including direct marketing, web analytics and market research necessary to pursue our commercial interests, and this includes profiling related to audience segmentation and personalisation. While there are some risks with this type of activity, on balance, we consider the risk to your rights of data protection is outweighed by the significant benefits in being able to enhance and personalise marketing communications; this is of benefit to our customers and potential customers as it results in marketing communications being relevant and applicable.
- We’ve also implemented protections for your rights by balancing our legitimate interests with any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You’ve the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on legitimate interests. More information on this right and on how to exercise it is set out below.
- In response to solicited sales enquiries when we will process your personal data under legitimate interest. On balance we believe this is necessary to provide you with the information about our products and services that you have requested from us. You are able to opt out from our communications to you at any time.
- You’ve the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on legitimate interests. More information on this right and on how to exercise it is set out below.
- If you notify us of any health or disability requirements, then this may involve the processing of more detailed personal data including sensitive data such as health information that you or others provide about you. In that case we always ask for your consent before undertaking such processing and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. More information on this right and how to exercise it is set out below.
What happens if you do not provide us with the information we request or ask that we stop processing your information?
If you ask us to stop processing your information, and if we do not require this personal information to fulfil our contractual obligations, we will remove your data from our database, within 30 days of the date of the request.
Do we make automated decisions concerning you?
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has legal consequences for you or similarly significant effects. While we’re confident that the technology works, we understand that not everyone is comfortable with decisions being left entirely up to machines. If you have any questions about our identity checking system, please contact us on using the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
What about marketing?
Teletrac Navman (UK) Ltd would like to contact you from time to time about our new similar products and promotional offers by email, telephone or post.
You can expect to receive no more than four marketing emails per month from us.
You can unsubscribe / opt out at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Where do we store your personal data? Do we transfer your personal data outside the EEA?
We only process our customers’ information within the UK and European Economic Area (EEA) save that personal data exported from our solutions may be sent outside of the EEA at the discretion of the user.
Should any other personal information obtained outside our solutions be transferred outside of the UK or EEA, we require that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the information when it is processed.
You can obtain a copy of the safeguards in place for such transfers by contacting us using the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We ensure the security of your personal data by the use of perimeter firewalls and email encryption. Regular penetration testing and vulnerability scans are carried out and actioned against. We exercise due diligence in protecting all data that we acquire or retain.
We also take steps to ensure all our subsidiaries, agents, affiliates and suppliers employ adequate levels of security.
What rights do you have in relation to the personal data we hold on you?
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
|Rights||What does this mean?|
||You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.|
||You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice).
This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
||You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.|
||This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions.|
||You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.|
||You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.|
||You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing based on our legitimate interests and processing for direct marketing (i.e. if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).|
||You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.|
||If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
This includes your right to withdraw consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
How can you make a request to exercise your rights?
To exercise any of the rights above, or to ask a question, contact us using the details set out at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How will we handle a request to exercise your rights?
We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for:
- baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or
- Further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, the law may allow us to refuse to act on the request.
How can you contact us?
If you have questions on the processing of your personal data, would like to exercise any of your rights, or are unhappy with how we’ve handled your information, please contact us here:
K1, Kents Hill Business Park, Milton Keynes, MK7 6BZ,
- Data Protection Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any complaint or believe our processing of your information does not comply with data protection law, you can make a complaint to the data protection regulator in your country.